WHAT IS THE KIDNEY EARLY EVALUATION PROGRAM (KEEP)?
KEEP is a free health screening program offered by the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) for individuals at increased risk of developing kidney disease.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF THE PROGRAM?
The goals of KEEP are to:
- Raise awareness about kidney disease especially among “high risk” individuals
- Provide free testing for people at increased risk for kidney disease
- Encourage people “at risk” to visit a doctor and follow the treatment plan recommended
- Provide educational information so that “at risk” individuals can prevent or delay kidney damage
- Provide doctor referrals for follow-up care, if needed
- Provide ongoing information and support
You should attend a KEEP screening if you are 18 years or older and have one or more of the following:
- High blood pressure
- A parent, grandparent, brother or sister with diabetes, high blood pressure or kidney disease